At Indonet, accessible from www.indonet.co.id, one of our main priorities is the privacy of our visitors.
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, namely your name, email address, your occupation and/or any information about you that has been or may be processed by Indonet from time to time.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide Indonet with your Personal Data, Indonet will not be able to process your Personal Data for the Purposes outlined below and may cause Indonet to be unable to provide services to you.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to Indonet directly, Indonet may collect your Personal Data from publicly available sources. Indonet may also collect Personal Data from third parties which have already possessed consents upon the Personal Data transfer from the Personal Data subjects; Indonet is therefore waived from any legal liabilities with regard to the use of the Personal Data as mentioned. Those collection from third parties are, inter alia, taken
- from our official social media pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- when you interact and communicate with Indonet at any events or activities;
- from other entities who provided you with services or with whom you have a contractual relationship; or
- from marketing service providers or partners.
You have no obligation to provide any of the Personal Data requested by us. However, if you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Data, we may not be able to deal with your request, and/or provide you with the services that depend on our ability to carry out the processing of your Personal Data. We also may not be able to respond to your inquiry or instructions without your Personal Data.
Indonet collects Personal Data in a number of ways, including but not limited to the following instances:
- when you request information concerning a service of interest to you;
- when you interact with us such as through our customer call centers or with our technicians during site visits;
- when you use our service;
- when you enter your personal details on the Site, when you provide information via over the telephone or in documents such as registration forms;
- when you engage with us through social media;
- from third parties such as our related companies and/or agents;
- from sources of information which are available to the public;
- from records relating to your use of the Site; and
- when you provide us with your Personal Data.
Any information which is not capable of identifying you, such as the number of users visiting this Site, is collected through code embedded in the pages of this Site. You wil not be able to disable the code on these pages.
Indonet will/may process your Personal Data for provision of services, transmission of product information, notification of the organized events, and/or broadcasting of newsletters, where you are a customer of the services provided by Indonet:
- to process, validate, administer, manage or verify your application for subscription of our newsletter and to provide you the benefits offered to users;
- to comply with or enforce the terms and conditions of any contract or agreement entered into by Indonet and you;
- to provide you with any service you have requested or delivered;
- to contact or communicate with you via email for the purposes of administering and/or managing your use of the Site, your subscription and/or account with us, your relationship with us or any transactions made by you with us;
- for marketing purpose and in this regard, we would be providing you with marketing, advertising and promotional information, materials and/or documents relating to products, contests, services and/or events (including those of third party organizations with which Indonet may collaborate with) that Indonet (including its affiliates) or such third party organizations may be selling, marketing, offering, organizing, involved in or promoting, whether such products, services and/or events exist now or are created in the future by any mode of communication other forms of in-app notifications or harnessing other technologies (such as geo-location technology) for our Site on your mobile device(s) or other technologies on your computers, in compliance with prevailing Personal Data protection laws and regulations in Indonesia. You may opt-out of this or withdraw from this at any time by sending an email to us;
- to conduct research (including customer research), surveys, market surveys, analysis and/or development activities (including but not limited to data analytics and/or profiling) to improve our services and facilities, or to improve our understanding of your interests, concerns and preferences, in order to enhance any continued interaction between yourself and us connected or in relation to the Site, or improve any of our products or services. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we may/will in this regard send you surveys or request a face to face or phone interview survey, by way of email or postal mail;
- to carry out your instructions or respond to any enquiry given by (or purported to be given by) you or on your behalf including responding to your customer service enquiries and complaints; or responding to or dealing with your interactions with us;
- to monitor, process and/or track your use of the Site in order to provide you with a seamless experience, facilitating or administering your use of the Site, and/or to assist us in improving your experience in using the Site;
- to comply with or as required by any applicable law, court order, order of a regulatory body, governmental or regulatory requirements applicable to us, including meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on us, and/or for the purposes of any guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities in Indonesia, with which we are expected to comply;
- to comply with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental authority which we are expected to comply with; or responding to requests for information from public agencies, ministries, statutory boards or other similar authorities. For the avoidance of doubt, this means that we may/will disclose your Personal Data to such parties upon their request or direction;
- to host, back up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your Personal Data;
- maintaining and developing our systems and infrastructure including testing and upgrading of these systems; and
- to anonymize your Personal Data. In this regard, you acknowledge that Personal Data that has been anonymized is no longer Personal Data and the requirements of applicable local data protection laws and regulations would no longer apply to such anonymized data.
(the purposes set out above shall be collectively referred to as the “Purposes”).
With respect to the communication purpose above, you acknowledge and agree that such communication by us could be by ways of the mailing of correspondence, documents or notices to you, which could involve the disclosure of certain Personal Data about you to bring about delivery of the same as well as on the external cover of envelopes/mail packages;
Indonet follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this as part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Subject to the applicable provisions regarding personal data protection, we may use your Personal Data to analyze the use of our website or our online services (such as our portals and our customer service) by you in order to develop and enhance the services we may provide to you and the business with which you are associated.
Indonet takes great care to protect your privacy. In this regard, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is kept confidential and secure, and take reasonable appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data from unlawful or accidental destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized or unlawful forms of processing.
Any information stored in Indonet systems is protected from unauthorized access by the use of a number of security measures and procedures including user passwords.
Please be aware that the transmission of data over the internet is never completely secure, and while we aim to use our best efforts to secure and protect the information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is provided or transmitted to us by you. Any such provision of information is at your own risk.
We will also put in place measures such that your Personal Data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that Personal Data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such Personal Data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any legal or business purposes. In any case, the destruction of the Personal Data in our possession shall be carried out no sooner than 10 (ten) years after those data were collected, unless requested so by you before such time.
Indonet may/will need to disclose your Personal Data to any third party organizations outside of Indonet including to our affiliates, and those organizations may be located (and your Personal Data may be disclosed) overseas and outside of Indonesia, for one or more of the above Purposes, as such third parties, would be processing your Personal Data for one or more of the above Purposes. In this regard, you hereby acknowledge, agree and consent that we are permitted to disclose your Personal Data to such third parties (whether located within or outside Indonesia) for one or more of the above Purposes and for the said third parties to subsequently process your Personal Data for one or more of the above Purposes. These disclosures are made subject to suitable protection for privacy and confidentiality being in place. The third-party organizations to which we would usually disclose your information include:
- government, regulatory or other organizations to whom we are required to disclose your Personal Data by law;
- our related companies, affiliates and partners, including without limitation where we have received a complaint or claim, for example, to our contract manufacturers, infrastructure providers or other third parties in the supply chain, who may be located overseas, depending on where the relevant product or part was manufactured; and
- any actual or proposed assignee or transferee of the business of Indonet, or a merged entity in the event Indonet is merged to create the said merged entity.
We may disclose your information to a purchaser or successor entity in connection with the sale of Indonet or a related body corporate, or a business unit owned by Indonet, or the sale of substantially all of the assets of Indonet or a related body corporate.
Where your Personal Data is to be transferred out of Indonesia, we will comply with the requirements under the applicable laws and regulations on data protection in Indonesia in doing so. In this regard, this includes taking appropriate steps to ascertain that the foreign recipient organization of the Personal Data is bound by legally enforceable obligations to provide to the transferred Personal Data a standard of protection that is at least comparable to the protection under the applicable local data protection laws and regulations.
These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. Please know, though, that if you choose to delete or block your cookies, you will lose the ability to save certain preferences, such as your username and password. If you delete or block your cookies, you will, for example, need to re-enter your log-in credentials to gain access to certain parts of Site upon each visit.
Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site may be subject to prosecution.
Note that Indonet has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Indonet takes reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Data we process is accurate and complete, if your Personal Data is likely to be used by us to make a decision that affects you, or disclosed to another organization. However, it is important that you advise us on a timely manner of any changes to your Personal Data or if there are any errors in the Personal Data we hold about you.
Subject to certain exceptions allowed by law, everyone who has provided Personal Data has the right to access or correct that Personal Data. For security reasons, you will be required to put any request for access to or correction of your Personal Data in writing. You may obtain access to or correction of your own Personal Data by contacting us via the address herein. We will need enough information from you in order to ascertain your identity as well as the nature of your request, to deal with your request.
Indonet may charge you a fee to deal with a request by you to access your Personal Data in order to cover our reasonable administration costs and will notify you in such an event.
For a request to access Personal Data, once we have sufficient information from you to deal with the request, we will seek to provide you with the relevant Personal Data within the required timeline under applicable local data protection laws and regulations. Where we are unable to respond to you within the timeline, we will notify you of the soonest possible time within which we can provide you with the information requested.
For a request to correct Personal Data, once we have sufficient information from you to deal with the request, we will deal with your request in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations on data protection in Indonesia, including correcting your Personal Data within the required timeline under the applicable laws and regulations on data protection in Indonesia. Where we are unable to do so within the said timeline, we will notify you of the soonest practicable time within which we can make the correction.
You may withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Data in our possession or under our control by submitting your request to the email address set out below. We will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and will subsequently not process your Personal Data in the manner stated in your request, unless the applicable laws and regulations on data protection in Indonesia allow us to. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. In this regard, depending on the extent of your withdrawal of consent for us to process your Personal Data, it may mean that we may not be able to fulfill the transaction you have entered into with us or continue with your relationship with us, or send you information that you have requested, as examples depending on the circumstances.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 16. By using our services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older.
For convenience, we may reference or provide links to third-party websites and services, including those of unaffiliated third parties, our affiliated companies, service providers, and third parties with which we do business. When you access these third-party services, you leave our website, and we are not responsible for, and do not control, the content, security, or privacy practices employed by any third-party websites and services. This Privacy Statement does not apply to any third-party services; please refer to the privacy notices or policies for such third parties for information about how they collect, use, and process your Personal Data.
If you have any concerns about our handling or treatment of your Personal Data or if you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us by writing to the address below setting out the nature of your complaint.
We will investigate your complaint and endeavor to provide you with our response within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.